This position will be based in San Diego or Irvine, California. Relocation expenses may be offered for this position.
The Senior Microsoft Dynamics AX Project Manager will play a key client-facing role managing customers and a team of highly skilled consultants.
You are expected to lead a highly experienced team using Microsoft Sure Step and other project methodologies. Functional knowledge of Dynamics AX 2012 R3 as well as project management experience is mandatory to ensure successful project completion.
Regional travel is approximately 25-40%, with the remaining time working from one of the Southern California offices.
- Strong project leadership and planning skills
- Professional demeanor with exceptional client-facing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to executives and steering committees
- Ability to understand customer requirements and manage expectations
- Assume responsibility and ownership of projects
- Willingness to assist in sales cycle and proposal writing
- Ability to foresee potential project issues
- Team oriented, self-motivated and eager to succeed
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated knowledge and experience with Dynamics AX and experience with Dynamics AX 2012 R3
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Successful completion two full lifecycle Dynamics AX implementation projects as a Project Manager with budgets exceeding $1M USD.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing both onsite and geographically disbursed project teams
- Undergraduate Degree with preference for degrees in Business, Finance, or IT Related field.
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience working in a consulting role to clients
- Preferred: Experience with the Microsoft Sure Step methodology
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar industry recognized certification
- Preferred: Microsoft Dynamics certifications in Sure Step, and one or more Dynamics AX functional certifications.
- Be the central point of contact for clients
- Manage client expectations and client relations
- Ownership of end-to-end client projects
- Assist with proposals, estimations, and pre-sales activities.
- Issue and escalation management
- Resource and utilization management
- Facilitate communication between the client and project team
- Use Microsoft Sure Step and/or other project methodologies to ensure successful project completion
Staffing Startups and the Fortune 500.
HCRM CORP Provides IT, Development, Marketing & Creative talent. Working with us gives you immediate access to highly skilled, pre-evaluated professionals for your hiring needs.
In an economy driven by ideas and intellectual know-how, top companies recognize the importance of employing smart, highly talented people. HCRM CORP is your partner to help you attract, hire, and retain the creative and marketing stars your teams are looking for.
We invite you to contact us at 619.798.6981 for any of your staffing needs.